Friday, May 20, 2011

This Concrete Jungle



It's been a long time since my last post. I have been extremely busy in the last couple of months. But today is just like those months when I had nothing to do and I was in between jobs.


It can get very lonely living in the city.
As they say "The city is where lonely people chose to be lonely together."


It's been seven years since I moved to Manila. I never thought I would love life in the city but it seems, at this point, I can't imagine living anywhere else. 


The view from the plane as I head back to Manila from the holidays.


While growing up, I had this image of Manila in my head as dirty, garbage everywhere, people killing each other and all sorts of negative things. But how can you blame a provincial girl who was pretty much stuck with what she sees in the news and stories she hears of unfortunate folks who didn't make it in the big city.


The city is like a big room with many doors.


I can only laugh at how bad my imagination was, knowing that where I live is a total opposite of the typical picture of Manila. Perhaps, I'm lucky, but it's also possible that I worked hard enough to be at a better state. 


The view from my favorite coffee place along Emerald Avenue.


Seven years ago when I decided to move to Manila, you'd probably think it took me years to consider the decision. On the contrary, it was a very quick decision. The first few years were very difficult as I tried to move up in the industry I was working for. Gradually, things became a lot easier (maybe not but I have gotten used to it's difficulty).


The sunset from my window.


At this moment, I am back to what seems to have been a very difficult situation --in between jobs. Job hunting is not very difficult nowadays, since I have packed all the experience and the confidence at what I do. This should be a very depressing state and some people might go rushing home to mama's arms, but nothing and no one can take me away from the habitat I have grown so accustomed with --in this concrete jungle.


The concrete jungle at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment