Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Rainy Days

June to July saw the most rainfall this year but it didn't stop me from taking photos. Lighting was a bit of a problem but the gloomy weather gave a different effect on the photos. I am not schooled in photography so I don't really know how it's called. And of course with the help of good old Photoshop, the photos looked better(I guess!).


On the road on a rainy afternoon. Taken from the album "Rain".

The Philippines is generally humid but this year, the country is experiencing the La Nina phenomenon so the rainy season will be longer than the dry season. And that means I'll have to put up with the weather for a bit longer. Even the bad weather can't stop my shutter-happy fingers from taking photos.

Rainy day at the garden. Taken from the album "Rain".

The weather bureau forecasted more rainfall until the end of the year, so I'm going to miss the sun a little bit until next year. 

Raindrops taken from the album "Water". 
I forgot to reduce the noise on the first photo.

If La Nina means a rainy year, the following year would be the opposite and it's called El Nino. I'm not really a big fan of the latter, knowing that the summer heat would go as high up as 38 degrees Celsius. It's just so uncomfortable. I'm fine with La Nina minus the flooding.

Umbrella from the rain. Taken from the album "Rainy Day Randoms".

I'll use the rainy season to master rainy day photography (however better you may call it!). 

Fancy umbrellas at a store. Taken from the album "Rainy Day Randoms".

Hopefully by the end of this month, I already get a Nikon 5100 that has better ISO than my current camera. And that means better light sensitivity and the poor lighting would be more  tolerable.  


Feel free to comment. If you have questions on how I achieved the composition of the pictures, I can definitely share.





No comments:

Post a Comment