Monday, November 22, 2010

My Photography

I have always liked photography, although we all know there's a huge difference between liking photography and being a photographer. I am but very passionate with photography that my little point-and-shoot digital camera has been a slave to my shutter-happy fingers and my little notebook has sacrificed too much from my never-ending use of Photoshop.

I take pictures of everything whether it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience to regular events like hanging out at a cafe.

"Bangka" -fishing boat 
I think it will take a while and more practice before I finally consider myself a Photographer. For now, I am satisfied with people telling me how great my photos are.


The first time I got to use a camera was when I was about ten. My father, who I think also loved Photography, bought a Yashica SLR. Usually, my mother would ask me not to play around with it, because I might damage the lens. And I really couldn't take photos as much as I wanted to, since there was no way for me to pre-view the image. I had to have it printed before I could see how bad the pictures were! So for a while I forgot about photography until a good friend gave me a digital camera as a Christmas present. And then I became unstoppable!



Since I was a child, I have always loved Arts. My mother said that I learned how to draw long before I learned how to write or read. My mother always left boxes of used paper from her office so that I would have plenty to sketch on, otherwise the walls would serve better space for practice. When my mother irresponsibly forgets to leave papers, she pays it off by spending her entire weekend scrubbing the walls from crayon marks or even worse, re-plastering.



I think my passion for art, in general, gave me a good eye for capturing stills.  I know my eye for art could only go so far, either way, I will still consider photography as a perfect avenue for self-expression.






No comments:

Post a Comment