Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

What is Thanksgiving to Filipinos? Nothing really. This celebration is far-fetched for the Filipino culture. But because most young Filipinos are starting to open up to Western culture, they (we) have somehow adapted the celebration. 




To me, Thanksgiving is not about thanking God for the good harvest of the summer season as the native American Indians and the first Caucasian settlers of the Americas would look at it, I look at Thanksgiving as a celebration of the blessings from God's generous hands. 


This year, what I am thankful for are the people who are very special in my life, my friends. 




I have found four people who have made a difference in my life. I am not sure why our friendship deepened. We have contrasting personalities, that people who would look at us from a distance, wouldn't say we get along. But we do get along and have been for more than a year now. We constantly meet every other weekend, sometimes more often, and do nothing but talk about things. 




Our friendship started when we entered the same industry. I did not expect that even if, one by one, we started parting ways to explore other opportunities we still find time to meet. And we never run out of things to talk and laugh about. 




Since we started spending time together, there haven't been any dark days in my life. They are the prefect outlet. They don't show outright support nor do they give you the good-old pat in the back and the "I-cry-you-cry" kind of companionship but they are sure to cheer you up in their own little way, which is certainly the way I like it.


Thank God for such wonderful people!







No comments:

Post a Comment